We have all been in that place where you have to make a decision about a particular situation and we do not want to be in a position where we make the wrong decision and then have to then live with the consequences.
I will share with you 5 Biblical tests with scriptures that will help you next time you have to cross that bridge of making a decision.
Remember what the Bible states in Proverbs 3:5-6:
<5> Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. <6> In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Do not do your own thing when you are still in a state of being unsure.
Let’s have a look at the 5 tests:
1. Scriptural Test: 2 Timothy 3:16 Has God already spoken about the issue in the bible? Gather scriptures about the subject or issue and study them and pray for the Holy Spirit to teach and instruct you.
2. Spiritual Test: Galatians 1:10. Am I being people pressured or spirit-led? Take the time to ascertain which one applies to you or your situation.
3. Serenity Test: Philippians 4:6-7 Have I prayed into/about the situation enough to receive the peace of God about it?
4. Sanctification Test. 2 Cor 3:18 Will this decision hinder me from growing into the character of Christ? Will it stunt my spiritual growth?
5. Supreme Test 1 Cor 10:32 Will this decision glorify God?
The Bible says that we should walk as children of light (Ephes 5:8 &10). The Bible also says in Psalm 119:105 "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, And a light unto my path."
God's word is a lamp and a light. It illuminates. Our decisions must reflect the light Christ expects us to walk in.